Hello everyone! I’m so pleased and excited to announce that I received my first Liebster Award nomination! It took a lot of hard work to create this blog and I hope to continue learning new skills everyday!
I would like to sincerely thank my fellow Caribbean blogger Khristina, The Global Jamaican for choosing me as one of her nominees. Khristina works in the Jamaican tourism industry and possesses a passion for her island home and her travel-related job. She particularly enjoys the trip planning stages of her journeys! Khristina, I wish you an adventure-filled 2017, packed with new and exciting experiences! I invite everyone to follow her on social media via Facebook, Instagram and blog.
What is the Liebster Award?
This is an internet -based award begun in 2011 by bloggers for bloggers. It is a way to recognise the hard work that goes into creating informative and valuable content. It is also a method of promoting their own blog and providing exposure to new bloggers in the same niche area.
How it Works
- Write a new blog post about the award and display it
- Thank your nominator, provide readers with a short description of him/her and post a link to their blog
- Answer your nominator’s questions
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you believe deserve recognition
- Inform your nominees of the Award and ask if they would be willing to accept
- Provide nominees with 11 questions to answer on their own blog
- Provide the above rules in your new blog post
What’s the number one thing you enjoy most about travelling? – The thrill of getting away from my own locale and experiencing an exciting new part of the world- the sights, tastes, culture. Especially if the destination is a place that you’ve only read about in books or seen on TV!
Have you had a challenging experience while travelling that you learned from?
At the risk of sounding boring, I’ve been lucky thus far to experience no challenging travel-related issues – lost luggage, missed flights, robbery etc.
Have you ever travelled somewhere and thought you would prefer to live there than where you currently lived?
I’m Happy to Nominate these Bloggers
Armie from Wanderwithmie
Helene from Ihearttheworld
Hilary from Oregonian Overseas
Emma from Journey of a Nomadic Family
Francesca from Crazy Simple Wanders
Questions for My Nominees
- If any, which destinations have you checked off your bucket-list ?
- What challenge(s) are you currently facing as a newbie blogger?
- What types of destinations do you favour for your adventures? e.g. Tropical, desert, temperate etc.? Why?
- Do you go off the beaten path in search of hidden gems or do you stick to the must-see landmarks?
- How do you cope with language barriers and culture shock?
- How are you able to finance your travel lifestyle?
- What essentials are in your carry-on?
- What do you do to stay healthy while travelling?
- Do you have any budget travel tips to share?
- Do you have any regrets from your travels? Any choices that you made that you would do differently if given another chance?
- Which destinations are on your itinerary for 2017?